Riva Protect Glass Ionomer Sealant and base white colour
Riva Protect is a low viscosity glass ionomer based sealant. Like all glass ionomer-based cements, Riva Protect chemically bonds to the tooth surface without the need for an adhesive. With ionglass technology, a radio-opaque reactive glass with a high ion release that is used in several SDI cements. Riva Protect releases substantially high fluoride to help with remineralisation of natural dentition.
Features of Riva Protect Sealant
- It is moisture tolerant, it can be placed in a wet or dry environment.
- Patented ionglass technology.
- It contains FCA (amorphous calcium phosphate) a nanoparticle filler additive that can be easily absorbed by the tooth structure.
- It has a high fluoride release, which helps prevent tooth decay.
- Low viscosity, allowing it to flow quickly over surfaces and penetrate deep into pits and fissures.
- Protect is available in pink or white.
- White shade to give the restoration a more natural appearance.
- Pink shade to be able to identify the material after the restoration has been placed.
- Excellent for use as a base. For orthodontists, this is an ideal material for open bites.
- Optional setting time: fast or regular.
- Contents: 50 white quick-setting capsules.
Indications for Riva Protect
- Pit and fissure sealant
- Protection of tooth/root surfaces
- Prevention of hypersensitivity
- Temporary fillings
- Temporary endodontic filling
- As a basis
- Open bites